Saturday, April 24, 2010

Allergic Rhinitis?

Since my sister was given a dog for her birthday i have noticed my eye's turning red all the time 24/7 my nose blocked 24/7 etc. I went to the doctor and he said it's Allergic Rhinitis and gave me some nose spray. It didn't work. I went back again and he gave me some tablets, they didn't work either. I went to the hospital and the doc said i have Allergic Conjuctivitis, this is all over the past year. My eyes are red and watering 24/7 i feel like sh*t, seriously i have given up, mum say's we can't get rid of the dog because my sis is to attached to it, and im 100% sure its the dogs skin that causes this, it makes me look ill, and when i go out i feel like people are starring at me, i have bags under my eyes, its terrible. PLEASE somebody help me. Is there not anything i can do to get rid of the dogs skin problem? or do something myself. Please note, that my allergy is BAD. Please help, its so bad i dont even want to go outside anymore. Thank you.

Allergic Rhinitis?
Devil: There is hope. You can live with your sister and the dog and avoid the allergy. First, understand what makes you sick is a protein in the saliva and urine of the dog. When the dog licks or relieves itself it spreads this protein onto the fur and skin. There it dries up and flakes off into microscopic particles that become airborne and you inhale them. Now, your sister is not allergic to the dog. When she inhales this her immune system says "Hey look it is a piece of dog protein...big deal..who cares"


When you inhale this particle, your body does not correctly identify it as harmless dog protein. Instead, your body says "OH NO!! We are under attack from alien invaders!!!! Help Help Help!!! Get the immune system to work" So, your immune system begins cranking out IgE and your eyes water, your nose gets congested, some people get rashes and wheeze and sneeze. The good news is that because proteins are made up of amino acids, they can be de-natured or neutralized. The dog should be washed at least once a month with a special shampoo to take off any protein stuck to the skin or fur. This shampoo is called Pet+ and I will give you a link to the page where you can read about it and find who in your area sells it. Also, once a week, the dog should have a coat conditioner called Allerpet/D applied to neutralize any protein present and to put down a protective layer to neutralize any protein from when the dog licks. I will give you a link to that page also. Lastly, don't let the dog lick you in the face or anyplace else. If you play with the dog, wash your hands afterwards and if possible change your clothes. Keep the dog out of your bedroom. The last link I will send is a link that is about how to take care of cat allergy, but since cat and dog protein are the same....its the same steps. Good Luck (ps the bags are called allergic shiners and once you control that dog allergen it will go away)
Reply:Explain this to the vet and ask if theres a special shampoo if not. spend he majority of your day out of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment