Friday, November 20, 2009

Guinea pig skin problem. HELP!?

i have 2 male piggies. The night before, i saw some hair beside the cage from one of my piggy. I didnt give much attention because i was too sleepy doing my school works. But as i woke up this morning, he cant move much. His neck is like sprained. He cant move his neck much. He didnt eat much. And sqeaks less. I couldnt do anything because I'm late to school.





As i got home, i hurriedly headed to see him. Some small parts in his back is hairless. I suspected fungal skin problem so i hurriedly purchased a topical antifungal cream. I cut all his hair to treat him well. No dandruff was noted.





I already separated my piggies. I shampood the other one with an antifungal shampoo to prevent him from acquiring it.





I cannot bring him to a vet because most of the vets here specialize in cats and dogs. And i dont want my piggy to be practiced by them..





Am i misdiagnosing my piggy?





Please help me..

Guinea pig skin problem. HELP!?
If you don't want to bring him to the vet, you should at least call a vet up and ask them what the problem could be. Many times the secretaries will be able to lead you to the right direction, and you don't have to worry about anyone unqualified touching your guinea pig. There are also animal hospitals in many areas that you can bring him to. I hope he gets better!


No comments:

Post a Comment