Monday, November 16, 2009

My dogs want help with skin/fur problem. Coiled looking growth pattern of fur with areas stuck/grown into skin

The coil patterns intertwine or cross over. Most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Researched everything I know. My guess is fungal involvement. Have clippered to the skin surface and fur is attached to skin so as to have to scrape it to raise it. There seems to be no beginning or end. I comb through - pulling fur out/off of skin (painful) and later find it coiled back into same configuration.The vet visit was fruitless. Personal friend is vet tech and states never known of anything like it. Seemed to worsen after short stay at a house I was refurbishing that had a bad mold issue that was probable cause for facial boils on me. The dogs do a lot of scratching and the tangled fur appears web like. I have tried anti-fungal shampoos, lotions/creams. Oily products (olive oil ) seem to provide temporairy and immediate relief to the pulling sensation as the fur coils and tightens. The dogs are obviously in some pain. I trust someone in this world has an answer. Hopefully anticipating.

My dogs want help with skin/fur problem. Coiled looking growth pattern of fur with areas stuck/grown into skin
You should try to post your question on this site:


http://www.practical-pet-care.com/dog_fo...





You need to create a free account first.





The experts there are really good there %26amp; really knowledgable. I'm sure if you copy %26amp; paste your question there they'll have a good answer for you. Especially if you upload a picture or include in your post how you can upload a picture, they'll have more of a precise answer for you. They helped me with my dog when she had a life-threatening condition (which I didn't know about).


No comments:

Post a Comment