Friday, November 20, 2009

What exactly is this Jack Russells skin problem & what can I do?

Hi,


I am house sitting a friend of a friends house and dog, a Jack Russell.


I noticed he has some reddish raw'ish looking skin on his chest. He spends allot of time deep in garden 'hunting' stuff, but one thing I am a little concerned about is a patch under is front paw as shown here in these photo's:





http://www.flickr.com/photos/22580574@N0...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/22580574@N0...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/22580574@N0...





While the owners are nice people, I don't think they truly appreciate the needs of pets and besides this skin issue, this Jack Russel (which has an amazing temprament) also has some greenish whitish, quite thick puss'y looking stuff leaking from tip of his penis.


I can't really take him to the vet, but would appreciate some advice on what to at least tell owners, cause a simple 'you need to take your dog to the vet' wouldn't work.





Many thanks

What exactly is this Jack Russells skin problem %26amp; what can I do?
I believe that the armpit irritation may be an allergy.





The stuff coming from the penis is definitely an infection and he need to be taken to a vet before it becomes serious.





Call the Humane Society.
Reply:Greenish white pus is almost certainly some kind of infection. Are your friends going to be away for a long time? Maybe you should take the dog to the vet on their behalf (with their permission, of course).


No comments:

Post a Comment